I’m coming to Alsace for the first time
Alsace Essentielle offers all the unmissable sites of the region. From the Vosges Mountains to the banks of the Rhine river, the region is home to the most beautiful villages, three of which were voted as France’s favourites. Treat yourself with our specialities, such as farm meals and sauerkraut.
ADMIRE THE EXCEPTIONAL HERITAGE OF “FRANCE’S FAVOURITE VILLAGES”
DON’T MISS ANY OF THE CHARMING VILLAGES ON THE WINE ROUTE, INCLUDING:
- Hunawihr (« Plus beau village de France »)
- Petits trains touristiques (Ribeauvillé et Riquewihr)
DISCOVER COLMAR, WITH ANCIENT ART, ROMANTICISM AND JAPANESE ANIMATION:
- Discover the Unterliden Museum and the mysteries of the Issenheim Altarpiece
- Stroll around Colmar, visit the Petite Venise neighbourhood and marvel at the half-timbered houses.
- Count the number of heads on the Maison des Têtes (House of Heads)
- find out which Hayao Miyazaki film inspired Maison Pfister (Some help here)
DISCOVER ALSACE FOR FOOD AND DRINK:
- Have a drink and a farm meal in a farmhouse inn, in the Valley of Munster or in the Valley of Kaysersberg
- Try a sauerkraut in a winstub and get some tips on how to cook it successfully at home
- Learn about the appellations , and grape varieties of Alsace wines with our winegrowers awarded the Vineyards & Discoveries label