The thieves' tower and the winemaker's house
The 'Museum of the Thieves' is housed in the tower located in the northwest corner of the 13th century fortifications. Converted into a prison in the 15th century, it still contains a 5 meter (16.5 ft)-deep oubliette (or underground cell) and a strappado (an instrument of torture) such as they were used in the 18th century. On the upper floor, the guardroom communicates with a wine-grower's house built in 1563. The kitchen and the bedroom are furnished. The storeroom contains a wine-press and tools used in the wine-growing trade whereas the cellar seems ready to receive the wine from the next harvest. Temporary exhibitions.